|SMB Appointment Reminder Setup||Search|
|SMS & MMS Technical Forum » NowSMS Support - SMS Issues (Product Support Only) » Archive through April 11, 2011 » SMB Appointment Reminder Setup||« Previous || Next »|
Post Number: 1
I'm looking to setup a system for sending SMS appointment reminders for Dr.'s Offices. After looking at your product it seems like it can do what I need it to do, but I have a few questions. Let me provide a little background to help with the questions:
- This system will also help us monitor servers and internet outage as well. Or, it will at least text us if there is an outage. We'll install this software initially on server 2003, ultimately server 2008 r2.
- Using a GSM modem will probably be the way to go for us as short codes are still too expensive for the volume we're doing and shared short codes are too complicated.
- Initial volume will be light, but will build it up later. Eventually, we'll need to be able to add more GSM modems.
- The Modems will rest on top of a server dedicated to doing appointment reminders. USB ports are close together.
- All reminders will be sent to US phone numbers.
- Patients will be able to confirm or cancel appointments based on text messages.
- We would like to queue incoming and outgoing results if possible.
Based on the information above, I was hoping to get answers to the following questions:
1 - Is there a particular GSM modem that you would recommend?
2 - Is there a particular SMS Provider you recommend here in the states? One that seems to be easier to deal with or seems to have less issues than others?
3 - Is it easy to add additional GSM modems to a single NowSMS Box? Does it cost more if we do?
4 - How much does it NowSMS Cost?
5 - We're only doing SMS, what version of NowSMS do you recommend?
6 - Ideally, we'd like to drop off say 500 reminders at 2 p.m. in one batch and work through them throughout the day. Is this possible with your software?
7 - If we're batching 500 outbound messages, can we still process inbound messages while outbound messages are being sent? Is the connection Asynchronous?
8 - Do you have a toll-free number or skype account to ask sales questions on, rather than an international number? (If you don't you should think about it...)
|Des - NowSMS Support
Post Number: 2840
I'm out of the office today, so I'm going to ask one of our sales engineers to reply back to you via email.
Post Number: 2
> > > > [Delete this line and type your message here] > > >
|Login / Register||Logout||Last 1|3|7|30 Days||Topics|