EMS Message Data Field

EMS Message Data Field SearchSearch

SMS & MMS Technical Forum » NowSMS Support - SMS Issues (Product Support Only) » Archive through July 14, 2005 » EMS Message Data Field « Previous || Next »
Jack
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 08:55 am:   

Hi, i am working in EMS encoding.

I know what to write in the UDH field.
But, i want to know what to write in the DATA field in case of NORMAL EMS (DATA = 00 in case of UPI EMS).
Please, answer me in details.
Thanks.
Darek Chorazewicz
Username: Daro

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 01:20 pm:   

Hi.
Try to encode ems using our converter and see if it works, http://converter.statsms.net
The udh contains encoded image and into data parameter you should put additional text in hex dump.

DARO
admin@statsms.net
Jack
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 07:15 am:   

Thanks, but i want to do it myself.
If you know how it will be nice to answer me.
Bryce Norwood - NowSMS Support
Board Administrator
Username: Bryce

Post Number: 4365
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 04:37 pm:   

Jack,

You can leave the data field blank.

However, there are some GSM modems (and possibly some SMS service providers), that may object to a message that contains only UDH.

There was a thread here some time back that discussed a particular phone when used as a GSM modem, and that phone would not send any messages that contained only UDH ... even though it is perfectly legal.

The easiest solution is to set the DCS to 8 (Unicode), and put 0020 (space character) in the data portion of the message.

Otherwise, you have to encode a space character into GSM 7-bit encoding, and the number of bits that you need to shift the "20" character will vary depending on the offset at which the data appears in the message.

Login Login / Register Logout Logout Search Last 30 Days Topics Topics