Problem in receiving sms

Problem in receiving sms SearchSearch
Author Message
DoDo debeky
New member
Username: Dodo

Post Number: 7
Registered: 05-2006
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 12:59 am:   

hi ..

when i configure the now sms to recieve a sms through a samsung D600 mobile and also configure the 2-way sms,,i try to send sms to the server which contains the following
the prefix is +
i found strange things in the sms debug and a file called SMSIN and also i found in the SMSIN folder a lot of files that have the extension of .sms and i can't understand what does it contain?? ..the point is that i want to see the message that i have send????
i have attached the smsdebug.log and the SMSIN file
SMSIN-20060519.LOG (2.2 k)
SMSDEBUG.LOG (121.3 k)

plz help it's a part of my graduation project

thx ..
Bryce Norwood - NowSMS Support
Board Administrator
Username: Bryce

Post Number: 5978
Registered: 10-2002
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 11:04 pm:   

It seems like there is another thread out here about similar problems.

I'm sorry, but it appears that some Samsung phone models have some major bugs in their GSM modem interface.

In another thread, people are complaining that messages that start with "*" are being received as corrupt messages.

Now it looks like you are having a problem with messages that start with "+".

Basically, the received message that is coming in over the modem interface is hopelessly corrupt, and I don't see any way that we can interpret this corrupt data coming from the modem to do anything meaningful with it.

Here's the other thread:

And actually, I see that it is you posting in that thread.

So, I can only repeat what I told you there:


I think it is a problem with the modem. The data that we are receiving from the modem is corrupt.

And basically, we have to interpret what the modem delivers to us.

I was hoping that we'd see some sort of pattern of corruption that maybe we could work around. But in this case, it doesn't look like it.

Apparently you've discovered an unusual bug in your modem where it corrupts text messages that start with "*" when delivering them over the GSM modem interface.

Based upon your new information, it looks like more than just the "*" character causes problems.

But unfortunately, I don't see anything that we can do about this.

We rely on the modem to deliver the raw message data to us. If the data from the modem is corrupt, then we don't have any way of uncorrupting it.